View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012   #27
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FCS Playoffs (...and the 2012 SHSU Bearkats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
This seems to be a common argument. But if you notice during the game, they kept shoving highlights of Some Other Who Gives a Crap Bowl down our throats. Somehow, I figure they weren't showing their feed our highlights, though. Sad thing is, people do care. You see more Bowl Pickems than FCS Bracket competitions.

Up to over 18k enrollment now. I think when I started going there it was at 12k. We're growing, our academic status is growing (we're making steps to get a higher classification), we had a top 25 baseball team last year and quickly become an FCS powerhouse. If we want to be recognized as a prominent school in the next 25 years, we'll need to make the jump to FBS and a better athletic conference. The Southland Conference is widely considered one of the weakest conferences in FCS and it's only getting weaker. Time to jump ship IMO.
Not only that, but SHSU is the No. 1 school in the country to work for. More and more professors are coming here because of how convenient it is to work there. Anthony, I don't know if you live on campus anymore, but we just voted to not only expand the Health Center to a 2 story facility, we also voted to expand the LSC as well.

Sam Houston is no longer the best kept secret in Texas. While it still remains an excellent school for CJ majors and Education majors like myself, the school is expanding in other subjects as well. Performing Arts are a big deal now, and the Business school is getting some recognition as well. Sam is growing at a very fast pace, and although I'd personally hate to see this, It would not surprise me if Sam took the bullet and moved up to the level of other big schools in the state. Huntsville itself is growing, and in the next few years, it could present an opportunity to become a really awesome college town. Sam Houston already has a ton of tradition and History. I feel it already has the chips to at least play on a bigger level. We just need more students coming in, and coming to games. We have shown that when the team is good, our fans can be a supportive as the fans of an SEC team, and even heckle as good as them too.

Aside from all of that, I have never screamed louder at a play when Flanders ran for the first down to Ice the game.

I am happy that Sam gets another shot. I just hope they bring home the gold this time around.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote