View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012   #124
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 97190 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team's in trouble

I'm gonna hold my judgement until the season is over. I can't decide if the chicken came before the egg with the offense in general and QB play in particular. Schaub isn't the most atheletic QB, so is he under orders to take a sack or throw the ball away instead of running or being more "creative" under pressure? Is Schaub actually more atheletic than he seems and Kubiak is restaraining him from running more or being more "creative"?

I can easily see Yates or Keenum being given more freedom to improvise when I see how discombobulated Schaub looks when under pressure. That's the biggest difference I see on offense.

On defense, IMO, it's all about the lack of consistent pass rush if Watt gets stopped. Barwin and Reed/ Merciless have been inconsistent, at best, and downright awful at worst. I really like the idea of Reed as an ILB and think Merci will be much better next year. He has the motor, just needs the experience. I also really think Harris will be a force next year. Fix the pass rush and the secondary will miraculously get better again, just like last season.

BTW, we're 12-2 playing a 1st place schedule. You can only play the teams on the schedule.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote