Thread: DeVier Posey
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeVier Posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
*Jean has everything but is still work in progress because he lacks core strength.
*Martin is adjusting to route running & needs to use his body to shield the defender off or draw interference penalty (should have gotten a call against NE).
*Walter is a Texan & will retire as one, taking pay cut to help his team if needed.
*Most important thing for Posey is confidence. More PT will help especially if its all good. He reminds me a little of Mario Manningham combination of quickness & pass snagging ability. Better upside as WR than Jacoby whom I believe he was drafted to replace.

BL
I dont deny it could go the way you are saying..but here's how i see it.

Martin is doing exactly what everyone thought he'd be doing when we drafted him...returning punts and kicks. So he's not going anywhere imo.

And Jean....These last few games we've targeted him alot....and he's never been really been open....maybe a half step at the most. Early in the NE game and in today's game, kubes/schaub threw it up to him and the guy just cant really beat his man consistently. And its not like he's facing a teams # 1 db..he's facing nickel dbs and safeties. Even in the Tenn game where he scored...he wasnt really open, schaub just threaded the needle to him and griffin gambled.

Im sure that if posey shows anything these next few weeks jean will be relegated to a special teamer for the rest of his tenure here....which is where he should be imo. Im not saying the guy has no value to this team, just dont think he can be counted on as a key contributor going forward.

& walter...i just dont think we can continue to waste a roster spot on him just because he is a "lunch pail" guy that kubes loves to keep around.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote