View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012   #26
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 161390 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FCS Playoffs (...and the 2012 SHSU Bearkats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
This seems to be a common argument. But if you notice during the game, they kept shoving highlights of Some Other Who Gives a Crap Bowl down our throats. Somehow, I figure they weren't showing their feed our highlights, though. Sad thing is, people do care. You see more Bowl Pickems than FCS Bracket competitions.

Up to over 18k enrollment now. I think when I started going there it was at 12k. We're growing, our academic status is growing (we're making steps to get a higher classification), we had a top 25 baseball team last year and quickly become an FCS powerhouse. If we want to be recognized as a prominent school in the next 25 years, we'll need to make the jump to FBS and a better athletic conference. The Southland Conference is widely considered one of the weakest conferences in FCS and it's only getting weaker. Time to jump ship IMO.
there was talk a couple of seasons ago about SHSU moving up but their downfall was football game attendance.

facebook.com/ThatRump
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote