View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012   #113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: This team's in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I care about a SB, and yes this team has positioned itself to deliver it to us. But can they? It would be storybook, for sure. I just can't sit here and say that the NOW is a foretelling of a SB victory. Sure, yes, it feels good...NOW...but I was old enough to remember us being two quarters away from a SB appearance with the Oilers. With Houston pro sports teams, there's ample reason for this guarded attitude. It's not silly, it's far more silly to be crazily carefree right now.
I understand what you're saying. But, if what you say is true & we have no shot against a good team, what is it exactly are you expecting us to do?

Admit we've got problems on defense?
I've done that. I would think most everyone has.
Admit we've got a problem at head coach?
I won't speak for everyone on this issue. It's complicated. I will admit I don't understand every play call. I don't know that I agree with his game plans. However, for all I know, if he didn't call that draw, 3rd & goal from the 13, that could have resulted in a turnover & swing the mo for the Colts. I've seen this team in that situation before & we make that mistake & it snowballs the wrong way.

Should he trust his team & let it all hang out? I don't know. 2010, I criticized him for not having a handle on his team, not slowing it down & getting them grounded, and focused.

I'd rather he calls a time out & give them a pep talk, but if this is the way he decides to do it...... you know, as long as it works & we win.
Give up all hope that we're going to win the Super Bowl?
Honestly, right now I'm not even thinking about the Super Bowl, like you said, I'm worried about now. The Division wasn't guaranteed until today. That's what is so exciting about today. We won our division today, clinched it against the Colts (you gotta love that) at home.

Next week, we've got to win to stay ahead of the Patriots for HFT. If we win next week, I'll be happy that we didn't lose ground. We'll have to win the next week to secure HFT.

When the play-offs start hopefully I'll be able to relax, enjoy watching the competition duke it out. I'm not going to worry about having to play New England again, until I know we have to play New England again. I'm not going to worry about playing Denver, until I know we have to play Denver.

In the meantime I hope our coaches do what they need to do to make sure they've got the best possible team they can ready to play. I'm going to hope the players do their best to make sure they are as prepared as they can be.

If Newton, Jones, Myers, Smith, Brown, Casey, Graham, Daniels, Andre, Walter, Foster, Tate, Schaub, Manning, Quin, Joseph, Jackson, Harris, Dobbins, Sharpton, Rudd, Barwin, Whitney, Brooks, Cody, Antonio, Watt, & Crick, are ready to play the best football they've ever played, I still like the Texans chances against any team out there.