View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012   #27
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team's in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp View Post
this.

Bfd, we won the afcs.

I said i would reserve judgment of andrew luck until today.

Well, i wish he were our quarterback. All i learned today is that if the colts invest wisely on their ol every year, the colts will be the team to beat a year or so from now. They have a qb who can run when he has to, he runs right up to the los and delivers pinpoint strikes that his young wrs sometimes drop, but will learn (after having practice time with luck) to hold onto in the future.

The window for the texans is now, and maybe 2013. 2014, imo, will be a rough season because schaub isn't getting better (he remains average at best) and luck, well...the guy is going to be good when the team grows with him.

Yay, congrats to texans. You could have had a 2-point lead had it not been for braman scoring a st td today. 2 point lead. Let that soak in for awhile.

Gary kubiak, i'm sorry, he's a **** coach on game days. Every single possession except maybe 2 this year, that were inside our own 10, he ends up turtling up and begging wade's juggernaut jj watt to get us the ball back. And they do, and we end up turtling up again, rinse, repeat...it's patented gary kubiak.

This team has an average hc and an equally average qb, and the whole offense is soft if things don't line up beautifully for them. They have to have everything go right for them to move the ball. Finesse. I can't believe i'm saying this, but lombardi was right about us then. And it's still true today. Finesse. Soft. Lack of a toughness and an edge when backed up to a wall. It's 3 and out, punt, same old song and dance.

This is why the better teams beat us. The packers and the patriots of the nfl have no trouble with a team like the texans.

So yeah, we need to get hfa or we're screwed. End of story.

Congrats to the texans. You still have to contain adrian all day peterson who is racking up 100+ games on a weekly basis. Good luck with that. Especially with a texans offense that works only when it wants to, led by a coach who is as finicky as a cat who turns its nose up at whatever you serve it for dinner.

I'm sorry, people can say whatever hateful **** they want to say to me. Go for broke, do your worst. Come at me. I don't care. This team is still oilers strong like the old days. Did you hear the after game crew? Did you hear them? Boomer, cowher, they're saying **** like "yes, the texans after a humiliating loss on the road come back to their dome and they do very well in the dome. They got it done today." and "atlanta and houston, both dome teams, get back in their domes and handle business today."

well hell, isn't that a backhanded compliment! In other words, what is being said without really saying it, is this: Those two teams can't play worth a **** out in the open and they need their home field to win. Lovely.

I guess one good thing is the sb is in a dome. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

12-2
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote