View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys game thoughts

I got what I wanted to see out of our starters. Offense and defense both looked good to me last night. I'm keeping in mind that we're talking about a couple of series in the first preseason game of the year. Taking that into account I thought we looked pretty good.

Robinson and Babin both did well IMO. Robinson was everything he's been billed as and Babin was about what I expected him to be. It's all there but he's learning on the job. I expected him to look a little lost at times and I expected him to be a little hesitant. I think it was perfectly understandable. The signs of better things to come were there.

Wells ran harder than I've seen him run since that 2002 New Orleans preseason game. All the camp press he's been getting seems justified. If he'll do what he's supposed to do he can be a nice big back in this leage which is a pleasant surprise since I'd just about given up on him. Keep it up Jonathan.

I liked watching Renteria get that sack. I wonder if he's got a chance to make the team or if he'll be on the practice squad? I like this guy and think in a year or two he could be the kind of quality depth we've been needing there. Let the Texans trainers get him on the weights and see what happens.

Ragone I'm very happy with. The only thing missing was the catch and I can't fault him because the guys he was throwing to dropped the ball. Much better than last year. He seemed far less lost than I've ever seen him. Ragone IMO looked sharper than Banks who I was dissappointed in. I've yet to see a reciever catch the ball with their feet (Though I'm sure that's going to be an ESPN Sportscenter highlight when it happens) and that's where Banks seemed intent on throwing the ball. I wonder if his time here is just about up and he feels it?

On the Cowboys side I have to admit that Henson looked really good consider he's been out of football for so long. He's got some catching up to do but I think he's going to be starting for them by the end of the year. They'll have to take their "young QB" knocks while he gets up to speed but I think he's going to be a good one.

I was impressed with Julius Jones too. By the end of the year it's going to be out with Vinny Testeverde and Eddie George and in with Drew Henson and Julius Jones. Signing Eddie George makes me wonder why the Cowboys let Emmitt go. If they wanted an old HOF running back with nothing left in the tank on the roster why didn't they just keep the one they had?