View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's 2013 Texans Offseason Projections and Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
As I said in the OP, Antonio restructured his deal by converting salary in 2011 to signing bonus. That's why I say there is 3.8 million in guaranteed money coming to him in 2013, 2.5 signing bonus, 1.3 restructure. Granted, it has already been paid out and isn't new money, it still counts against the cap no matter what.

As for my restructure proposal, that 6 million in salary next year is not guaranteed. If 5 of it is converted to signing bonus over 3 years, that's 5 million he is being paid that year, plus the 1 million in salary. So he will still get 6 million in 2013, but 3.33 of it will be moved to '14/15. That's a good amount of cap relief and could net us Glover Quin.

FYI, Ryan Clady turned down 10 million a year from the Broncos to be their LT for the next 5 years. I doubt he will want to take a paycut to become our RT.
I saw it in your OP but did not register. When you mention it in this last reply I went "what?" I remembered Ryans and AJ but forgot Smith. In fact googled and when I saw Smith's response it triggered. Thanks for correcting me. Funny, I was using Smith's savings for Quin also. Thanks for the back and forth!