View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012   #118
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I agree the line isnt as good as it was, Thats the whole reason i was wondering about sanders o-line. They had to of had a lot of turnover on the line, not to mention they didnt run the Zone blocking scheme.
The Lions with Sanders were kind of unique. No they were not a dominant OL. But they went to a different set to accommodate Barry's style. They spread wider and trusted Barry to get to the edge or hit a gap.

Funny Barry being brought up in a yards after contact thread since he was not good at that.

I think a lot of what is going on with Foster this year is scheme. I see a lot more power and short stretch plays and I think he thrives in the extreme zone stretch plays. Even when we run those we are not getting as effective back side blocking this season which leaves the back having to follow the flow of the play instead of cutting back against the flow.