View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012   #116
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 193947 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I agree the line isnt as good as it was, Thats the whole reason i was wondering about sanders o-line. They had to of had a lot of turnover on the line, not to mention they didnt run the Zone blocking scheme.
not a legit comparison. Sanders was a totally different kind of back than Foster. Sanders was a "human joystick" kind of back. He would hit the line and gain one or two yards, maybe even lose some, and then bust off a highlight reel run. NFL Films never shows those 1 and 2 yd runs; just the OMG highlight reel runs.

By contrast, Foster is more of a Marcus Allen type back. He follows his blockers, reads the defensive flow, and makes the best of what he sees with one cut. Hopefully, he'll make the one or two guys who have a decent shot at him miss or out run them.

Its the slipping down when he has a shot to make that last defender miss or outrun the defense that's been driving me crazy.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote