View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012   #25
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's 2013 Texans Offseason Projections and Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

This is what I have been posting on other threads. Question though, Antonio's bonus $12.5 paid '09 prorated by 5= $2.5 m. Base for (now) '13 is $6 m + 2.5 m = $8.5 m cap not $9.8 m. Also new deal his cap for 2013 would be $1 m base (6 m -5 m) + the prorated $1.67 = 2.67 CAP (not earned), right? So rather than '13 cap of 8.5 m it would be 2.67 or saving to cap $5.83 m or $6 m rounded. I think Smith would jump at this and $6 m could bring a big time FA addition. Ryan Clady OT?
Not arguing just trying get straight in my head.

Edit: Smith signed for $35.5 in Feb 2009: we know his bonus was $12.5 and base for '12 is $5.5 & '13 is $6m = $24m so I extrapolate the difference $35 - 24 = $11.5 divide by 3 (2009 season, 2010 & 2011) = $3.83 m. Don't know of any guaranteed money other than bonus.
As I said in the OP, Antonio restructured his deal by converting salary in 2011 to signing bonus. That's why I say there is 3.8 million in guaranteed money coming to him in 2013, 2.5 signing bonus, 1.3 restructure. Granted, it has already been paid out and isn't new money, it still counts against the cap no matter what.

As for my restructure proposal, that 6 million in salary next year is not guaranteed. If 5 of it is converted to signing bonus over 3 years, that's 5 million he is being paid that year, plus the 1 million in salary. So he will still get 6 million in 2013, but 3.33 of it will be moved to '14/15. That's a good amount of cap relief and could net us Glover Quin.

FYI, Ryan Clady turned down 10 million a year from the Broncos to be their LT for the next 5 years. I doubt he will want to take a paycut to become our RT.