View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's 2013 Texans Offseason Projections and Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
You know guys if you must spread rep then you can always rate thread. Just gave Dutch a Five star, for his excellent work

I don't know its tough to cut players or let them walk via free agency like they did last season. Was this a trend or anomaly?

Tough part for those of us who enjoy the mock draft process is that decisions will be faced & made before the draft that can influence (don't buy into BPA because need wins out end of day) construction of their draft board. Money is obviously a huge factor in this as well as teams scramble to work within salary constraints.

To replace Cody Texans would need to spend a first round pick on a NT.
To replace Antonio Smith Texans would have to spend 1st/2nd on a 5-tech DE.
To replace Wade Smith Texans would have to spend 2nd/3rd on a OG.

OR

They could trade for younger versions still under less costly contracts either under utilized in a bad situation or stuck behind entrenched starter like Myers was in Denver. Also via free agency, with another Wade Smith who I recall was in Kansas City. Texans paid to get Antonio, he has produced so they will continue to pay him most likely.

Texans love Kevin Walter. He is the company man, already restructured contract once will probably have to do it again.

Not to hijack your thread Dutch but based on crop of prospects, team need & cap ramifications I think Texans will be almost forced to look @ taking a replacement for Cody. A big, athletic run stopping DT with work ethic & smarts to actually elevate nose position. John Jenkins, Georgia.
BL, thanks for heads up on rating thread; never done that. Also, I agree with most your post; just don't see Jenkins falling that far, but that has never stopped me from mocking a guy anyway!

Can anyone tell me why Luis Nix is not mocked anywhere? If you have watched Irish Chocolate you have be impressed to at least mock him. I am keeping him in second for now as no one else has him even that high.