View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012   #79
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 73652 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You can't just look at numbers by themselves.

Numbers between the 20 don't mean squat.
If you want to look at numbers, look at:

The times a back carries the ball inside his 3 yard line (not much different here, one more carry this year, but it affects the overall picture a short hair).

Look at the times a back carry the ball near the opponent goal line (4 yard or 3 yard or less).

i dont have this stat, link?

Look at the times a back Carry the ball trying to make a first down on third and short or fourth and short.

winner - 2011 and 2010

Look at the times a back carry the ball in the fourth quarter when the team has a big lead (turtle mode).

winner - 2011 and 2010

Look at the big plays. Watch those plays.
Did they come about due to good blocking or because the back break a tackle or make a defender miss.

Numbers don't tell you that a defender gets blocked out of a play.
They don't tell you that pursuit was terrible.
They just record the outcome, not how it comes about.
you're trying to have your cake and eat it too, even though the numbers you keep cherry picking are also down. his stats are down in every part of the field and almost every situation - i gave you links. the visual tells me that he's missing his lanes, he's not able to elude defenders, and is going down on first contact. why is it always someone else's fault?