View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutch's 2013 Texans Offseason Projections and Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Thanks man very helpful Need to find a way to save to my favorite without entire thread. Hopefully I can cut and past. Did not know that A. Smith's $6m in '13 was guaranteed? I could see them bonusing that out and lowering the hit.
Sorry about that, I screwed up with my original Cap Casualties sheet and made the guaranteed money look like a portion of salary. I meant to do two different things with the columns, and they just merged into one wrong one Now that I'm sober, I fixed it I updated the OP to reflect the new numbers of cap savings and hits. Dead money is also included, but the main thing is the savings is 13.5 million for cutting all three of them. Granted, that is the last thing I want the team to do, but having 20 million in free cap space next year would be incredible.

I think Antonio Smith is a prime candidate for restructuring. He's 31 now, and could add 2 years to his deal at 2 million a year. Then we could convert 5 million of his 2013 base salary into signing bonus and spread that out over the 3 years. That would make him earn 2.67 million in 2013, and 3.67 million in 2014 and 15. His 2013 caphit would then become 6.47 million, which is much more reasonable than the 9.8. That would net us 3.33 million in 2013 cap savings, and lock him down for 2 more years while they try to groom a replacement.

Last edited by Dutchrudder; 12-15-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote