View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network Playbook AFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
That doesn't address the question I'm asking.

If we know the weaknesses of the opposing defense, why don't we attack them? Combined, how many targets did OD & Casey have? They should have been featured in the game.

They were weak at the CB position, they played man on Andre Johnson. "Their guy" got hurt & they put a 7th rounder on him, any other team would have "picked on" that guy the minute he entered the game.

We're going to play the Colts, their corners suck. I guarantee we won't attack them. I guarantee you won't see us pressure them with 9s & you won't see a perfectly thrown pass that drops into the receiver's hands as they streak down the field.
For one, when you play a 2TE set, or when you run the play action, often times you need one to block.

Secondly, as I just rewatched the coach film of the first quarter, we had all the looks we wanted. Jean had chances downfield (ie. He was more "open") against a rookie in Dennard or Arrington, who is not known to be able to defend big receivers. You've been to the Pats MB, but I don't know if you catch the part where their fans were worried about how our 3 receivers (AJ, Walter, and Jean) were all 6'3.

Thirdly, they doubled up at times, so our RBs were more open.
We hit them some, Foster dropped at least once, the pressure may have caused Schaub to be slightly high on one, and Schaub thought McCourty was going to come down on Foster when he threw that pick.
We ran mirror routes on one play to clear everything out to both sides with Foster came out late after he picked up the blitz. There wasn'the a defender within 25 yards of him, but our protection broke down.

You cannot just say that you will come out and just attack the TEs.
They game-planned to provide them with help.
We take what the Defense gave us, at least we tried to.
Our execution was poor, that's all.

You don't want your QB to force the ball into double coverage on a TE when somebody else is open, now do you?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote