View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: NFL Network Playbook AFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The Pats defense played well and they played discipline. They did a good job against our play action pass. Their end men stayed home and didn't give time to set up, or they were able to get penetrating and messed it up through the middle.
In the mean time we bit on too many play fakes and we paid each time.

We took a few shots downfield.
Jean dropped a long one on the right.
He didn't run a good enough route and was called for OPI on the long one down the left end zone.

We got the ball to OD once on a intermediate route.
But overall, their coverage was fairly solid.
They had timely safety help.
Mc Courtyards on the INTERNET and the other safety came up to lay one on Jean on another play.
That doesn't address the question I'm asking.

If we know the weaknesses of the opposing defense, why don't we attack them? Combined, how many targets did OD & Casey have? They should have been featured in the game.

They were weak at the CB position, they played man on Andre Johnson. "Their guy" got hurt & they put a 7th rounder on him, any other team would have "picked on" that guy the minute he entered the game.

We're going to play the Colts, their corners suck. I guarantee we won't attack them. I guarantee you won't see us pressure them with 9s & you won't see a perfectly thrown pass that drops into the receiver's hands as they streak down the field.