View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012   #177
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Letterman Jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
It was an effort at motivating themselves and teambuilding that at best didn't have the hoped for short-term impact, and at worst ended badly.

Pro athletes do all sorts of weird/funny/stupid things to motivate themselves and build chemistry. Unfortunately -given the way things went - this one was more high-profile than most. I'm simply not gonna get too down on these guys for consciously trying to do something to give themselves and edge - even if it wasn't all that effective.
I agree. I'm all for team-building and camaraderie; I was just commenting about how un-professional the jackets looked, and about how it's likely McNair shelled out some serious cash. I'd be shocked if those jackets ran for less than $1000 a pop.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote