View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012   #135
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak calls out players manhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't get this attitude. Sports spectating fits in the category of "entertainment/leisure", right? 14-2 means that Texan fans, almost every week for four months, enjoyed their team winning. Why doesn't that mean anything?

I understand being results-oriented instead of process-oriented. That being said, doesn't the very nature of a leisure/entertainment activity assume it is the process that is supposed to be fun.
Good point. As an example, this school shooting in Conn. is so disturbing that I don't want to even think about it. I've been trying to fill up my weekend with sports-watching stuff so I don't spend time watching cable or browsing the internet obsessing about how horrible it is.

Sports is just a game, but it does have its place as entertainment. You're 100 percent correct that sometimes, it's the simple process of sports and not the outcome that matters.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote