View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Letterman Jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
The jackets were sleek-looking, and probably very expensive, but kind of high-school-ish, IMO. I'm glad they're no longer wearing them.

The one thing I like about McNair is that he will buy his team whatever it needs. I'm betting he spent a pretty penny on those jackets. Too bad his team then went out and screwed up.
It was an effort at motivating themselves and teambuilding that at best didn't have the hoped for short-term impact, and at worst ended badly.

Pro athletes do all sorts of weird/funny/stupid things to motivate themselves and build chemistry. Unfortunately -given the way things went - this one was more high-profile than most. I'm simply not gonna get too down on these guys for consciously trying to do something to give themselves and edge - even if it wasn't all that effective.