View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
One of the reasons I dislike the ZBS is that when teams stop it, it's completely dead. Its a gimmick. I wish we could shift to a more power run style, but I know that wont happen.
When the other team stops it, that means someone didn't do their job right & the play-calling is too predictable. When I say play-calling is too predictable, though Kubiak is the main play caller, remember Matt can change the play at the line. If he sees a favorable match-up to the right but decides to go to the left as the play was called, you can't blame that on the coach.

The ZBS is about options. There are a dozen different options on every play. We're talking about how they handle the blocking up front, where the doubles will be, who will go to the second level & when, how the full back reads & attacks the gaps, and of course how the running back reads the blocks & which one he's going to take. He should always have an outside, inside, & a cutback option. There is literally no way it can fail if the team is on the same page & the QB takes advantage of what he sees at the line.