Originally Posted by steelbtexan
1. Patterson, If he's gone how do you feel about Terrance Williams or Aaron Dobson. They are both very talented.
2. Long, agreed, but the athletic ability/attitude are there.
3.Williams,Small school guy but he has skills.
3. Hunt, switch Hunt and Alonso if you like. I think Hunt has the ability to become a Watt light type of guy.
5. Hawthorne probably will be off alot of teams boards due to his neck injury.
6. Kasa can block. I like Williams also.
1. I like Terrance Williams and would take him in the 1st, I'm not real familiar with Dobson, only what I've read, he sounds good but a little raw. I have my doubts the Texans would even go for a guy like Patterson with only 1 yr. FBS experience. I like Quinton Patton in the 2nd round, check him out.
2. I think the Texans will stick with Newton at RT next year, but I like the Long pick though he needs experience at the position.
3. Williams, I'm always leery of small school guys. It's a huge jump from college to the pro's much less from a small school program to the pro's. I just fear that he would take several years to turn into an NFL player. My mocks focus on NT in the 1st and I like Kawann Short, Louis Nix, Sylvester Williams, and possibly Jesse Williams as well.
3. Hunt, I'd drop him to the 5th round as a project DE. I think the league is going to a more athletic ILB that can cover the field as well as play the run and I think Alonso fits this role and would be good value with our comp. 3rd.
5. From what I've read Hawthorne had a concussion, not a neck injury, and only missed one game but has played very well this year. With CB being a premium position and Hawthorne being quite good at it, I think he goes in the 2nd round or very early 3rd at the latest.
6. I'm not familiar with Kasa. I like Michael Williams size, blocking ability, and pass catching ability. He'd look nice lined up next to Brown or Newton in a goal line situation.