Originally Posted by Dutchrudder
Rd.1 Corderrelle Patterson WR Tenn. 6'3 205 lbs, 4.34,
I like it, but I don't think he makes it to us. After the combine, I expect him to be a top 15 pick. Would love to get him though.
Rd.2 Kyle Long 6'7 312 Lbs 5.04 OG/OT Ore.
Good size, looks like a promising RT for the future.
Rd.3 Brandon Williams 6'2 328 Lbs, 5.09 NT Missouri Southern
I sure would like the upgrade in weight at the NT spot, but I don't know if Wade will go for him.
Rd.3 Margus Hunt 6'7 280 Lbs 4.74 DE/OLB SMU,
I like this guy a lot, and I think he's going to fly under the radar and go in the 5th round. He sure is good at blocking kicks, so he should fit right in with the Swatt Team.
Rd.4 Kiko Alonso 6'3 242 Lbs 4.74 ILB/OLB
I like this guy, he seems to have a good football IQ and can make tackles. I think this board is underselling him slightly, and I think he will go in the 3rd round.
Rd.5 Terry Hawthorne 6'0 190 Lbs CB Illinois.
Don't know him, can't say I have watched an Illini game this year. I like the position though.
Rd.5 Nick Kasa 6'5 260 Lbs TE Colorado.
If he can block, sign me up. We desperately need a blocking TE.
Rd.6 Will Pericak 6'4 285 Lbs 4.77 DE Colorada.
Sure why not, we might need some DE depth.
Rd.7 Rex Burkhead 5'11 210 Lbs 4.42 RB Nebraska.
I like it. He's a tough runner and could make Tate expendable.
1. All of the guys I like never make it to the Texans pick. LOL With that said I would take either WR Williams or OT/OG Long in the 1st rd and hope and pray that Dobson fell to the 2nd rd. If I had to trade up in the 2nd rd like the Bears did with Jeffery to get Dobson I would.
2. The post above tells you my thoughts about Long.
3. Williams is a tough guy with movement skills, Wade had Jamaal Wiiliams in San Diego and Ted Washington in Buffalo, so I dont think big vs small NT is an issue. If a guy can play Wade will play him. Williams can play.
4. Alonso, He may be there mocks I've seen have him going in the 4th rd. Another ILB I like that should be there in the 4th rd is ISU LB Jake Knott.
5. Hawthorneis a slight reach, but due to neck/concussion injuries he could fall to the 5th. (Probably wishful thinking)
5/6. The Colorado guys are long shots but Kasa is a guy that can make aNFL roster on his blocking ability alone. Pericak has ability, I've got to admit due to my mothers life long fight with diabetes I've got a soft spot for Pericak. with that said the guy has abilit and can atleast make the PS.
7. Burkhead is a guy that will be on a roster for 5 yrs. kind of like Forsett/Woodhead/Redman etc... IMHO