View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Did you know.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
This IMO is proof that our entire system relies too much on the pass rush, last season our secondary was masked by a GREAT front 7, one that consistently pressured the QB and got sacks, this secondary is being left open to dry and they are flailing in the wind. Barwin is playing himself off this team and Reed was not doing much better. With out Watt I would hate to think how terrible we would be on defense and I bet we would have a much worse record. Wade is NOTORIOUS for this, have a great season followed by trash, it has always been his rep, hopefully he breaks the mold and figures out how to fix this defense or we could lose quickly in the playoffs.
Maybe. I'd have to go back to last year (I'm not able to) & see how those sacks came about. I do know I was giddy for finally seeing Texans getting coverage sacks, meaning the back end held up their end (4-5 seconds) providing extra time for our guys finish.

But there was a long time between the time Mario got hurt & someone else took the lead in sacks for the team. If I remember right, Mario had 5 sacks & Antonio had 4.... But it was 6 or 8 weeks before someone else had 6.

Did Watt, Brooks, & Connor get that much better over that 7 week period, or did our back end get better to allow that extra time.... or was it a mixture of both?

Connor's disappearance & what 76Texan opened my eyes to makes me believe our pass rush was more dependent on our secondary than the other way around.

I think our back end is going to get better. I've mentioned why in another thread. I've got absolutely no reason to believe our pass rush is going to get better. Where's it going to come from? Brooks wasn't sh!t before he got hurt. We'll start seeing more sacks & unless Mercilus is racking them up I think that would be strong evidence that our pass rush is dependent on our secondary.