View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #23
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HWSNBN Historically Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
My thoughts are that Carr was at his best when he wasn't a Houston Texan. The pick was an enormous mistake.

2002 first overall should have been Julius Peppers. I said it then and I was far from alone.

Then you start Tony Banks who was better than Carr in every single game he got into for the Texans. Chester Pitts starts at LT and stays at LT.

2003 you get Andre Johnson which was obviously the best player available. Continue with Tony Banks and keep playing Chester Pitts at LT.

2004 you grab Ben Rothlisberger before the Steelers get him. If there's a QB in existence who can handle whatever early issues the Texans OL had and still get it done then Rothlisberger is the guy.

Epic Texans success begins...
Easy to say now. The 1st pick in 2002 is the only one you can say for sure they would have had. From that point you don't know if they'd have the 3rd pick in '03, 10th in '04 and so on.

With a veteran QB, what if they win a couple more games in '02? 4 games they lost that season by 7 points or less. Then they're picking 6th, 7th in '03 and they don't even get AJ then.

I agree that Carr shouldn't have been the pick, but you can't go on to say "then they could have gotten AJ, then big Ben" and so on because you just don't know how it would have turned out.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote