Thread: 11-1 thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 11-1 thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
After the game on Monday I came away more convinced than I was before that there are 3 areas that the Texans need to address in next years draft. You hit 2 of them in your post BB (NT and ILB). I'm definitely on board with Andrew Jackson at ILB. They need another beast roaming the field like Cushing. Not sure what NT to take at this point but I have a feeling whoever I would pick won't be who the Texans pick.

The other area I think they are thin at is TE. Gruden eluded to it during the game when he said something about how the Texans were missing Graham and being able to run the 2 TE sets. Having Casey as the starting FB and 3rd TE isn't cutting it. Did Clutts play at all? I didn't notice him. I think we are too thin in this area and I would really hope they draft a TE early. And, I hope they don't go after the same OD/GG/JC size and style of TE. I want a big (at least 6'6" 260ish) TE that can block, has speed, and good hands! In other words a Monster TE that would be almost impossible to stop in the End Zone! If Eifert or Ertz are there at the end of 1st I wouldn't mind grabbing one of them. If they don't go with a TE early then Williams from Bama may be good later on, though he is more of a blocking TE. Just don't know much about his hands or foot speed/work.
Inside, thanks for you post. As you know part of drafting is getting best player you can at each pick. Notre Dame's Nix is screwing with my head. He is not listed on CBSsports.com at all. Walterfootball.com list him as a first rounder under their draft prospect Nose Tackles. Under their three round mock draft updated Dec 12th, he is not mentioned. I have watched Nix and he is pretty dang good. Not sure if first round good. May blow up after combine as Dontari Poe did.

Currently I am searching for video on Brandon Williams NT from Missouri Southern State. Another poster alerted me to this guy who is ranked #139 by cbs and thus maybe @ our 4th round. 6'2 328 and this senior as a red shirt had 68 total tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, two pass breakups, eight quarterback hurries, five forced fumbles and a safety.

TE we are short due to Graham being out. We are not deep enough yet at almost any position to lose one of our better player and then expect backup to do as well. IMO, if AJ, OD, Walter are healthy and we ain't getting it done, those guys need to step it up. However, on my current mock I select Alabama's Michael Williams in round 5. 6'5+ and 272 pound with good hands and blocking skills; reminds me of Fiedowicz. He is ranked # 194 and should be there with a comp in 5. Maybe get him in 6th but for now 5th.

I think Texans may have flubbed on Clutts and signing him to three years because he should have moved Casey back to TE. That is what they must have been thinking when he was signed; didn't happen. Expect Clutts to be released offseason.