View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #149
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Routt to tryout for HOU **Update** Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
So.... what do you think about this guy?

We didn't see much of him. Got a penalty on special teams, took a few snaps at CB..

Do you think he'll be a player?

I think we're going to need him to be. If Harris doesn't grow up quick, we're going to need someone who can play.
If we have JJo healthy, I would have some kind of a rotation.
Routt is a more physical Allen, with even better speed.

I would put KJ in to shut down most slot receivers.
He can also alternate with Quin on a TE or the two of them can handle the two TEs in a 2-Te set.

We can combo these guys against the Pats when they have Woodhead, Welker, Hernandez, Gronskowski, and another Receiver (let's say Lloyd) in the game (if the Pats choose to go with that personnel).

Put KJax and Routt on Woodhead and Welker;
They are both more physical than these two guys, just knock the snot out of them.

JJo can be on Lloyd with Manning and Quin on the two TEs.

Demps can be the deep safety and we can have a LB to cover the short hole or to blitz from this dime formation.

Well, ya know, it's just one particular matchup that I think can be efficient against that particular formation from the Pats.

I don't think any of our LBs match up well with Woodhead or with their TEs.

By covering the short hole and the deep middle, all the other guys would get help in man coverage.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote