View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #23
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 657 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who knew Garrett Graham was that Important to our Offense ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I figured that much.
Also, remember I said Graham is important to our scheme as he's our best blocking TE and he's also good at catching the ball and running route.

The Pats had adjusted to utilizing one main receiving TE (what with Hernandez being out, but now replacing Gronskowski.)

We have not been able to adjust to losing Graham.
We missed his blocking on the edges the most.
Watch our last resort extra OT Gardner got killed a few times, and you know we missed Graham sorely in the blocking department.
I wasn't disagreeing with you but commented on TE depth.

Although both TEs Gronk and AH play different positions and really aren't asked to do anything the other does. Gronk is a traditional TE who's equally good at blocking and receiving and can get vertical. AH is more of a WR\HB hybrid. They'll line him up anywhere. So the adjustment is quite different. Losing AH takes away a lot of flexibility to attack what a team struggles against the most. Losing Gronk takes away a lot physicality and teams don't have to worry about the TE off of play action. Both are different types of nightmare matchups.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote