View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Sigh, I need to really clarify that I don't think Arian Foster is a slacker, nor do I think he is a bad pro.

I think the guy is solid.

I just cannot put my finger on why this year feels so opposite of what he looked like in 2011. For me, the "big moment" factor is what is missing in 2012 that he had performed a lot in 2011. And frankly, those things are not scripted...so those moments happen or they don't. It's sports.
One thing I know is that a few ex-coaches (Gruden, Billick) talked about Foster as a patient runner.

He's learned as the years move along to press the heels of his blockers to set up the block before he makes the cut.

When you do this, and the block gets blown up, there's not much room to go.
In the long term, it should pay off; only if he gets the same blocking he received last year.

We don't have the same continuity of the 6 guys we had last year (including Dreessen).

Wade Smith has been playing hurt basically from the start.
Caldwell was also hurt most of the time.
And we have a carousel at RG and RT.

The numbers with Forsett and Tate are of a small sample size.
Nothing is definitive there; only I know that "coincidentally" they've been getting better blocking and they are not used anywhere as often in "tough situations".
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote