View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The biggest difference in the 2012 from the 2011 Foster is his impact as a receiver. Foster is averaging only 13.5 receiving yards/game, as opposed to 47.5 last season. I don't know if that's due to Arian staying in to block more. But going from a 11.2 yards/catch to 5.1 is noticeable.
I need to dig more into that, but at the moment this much I can tell.

With AJ out for a big portion last year, and the fact that we eased him back in getting ready for the play-offs, we shift some of the load to Foster.

Actually, Foster was targeted just 1. Something more per game last year.
Overall, his number of total involvements has increased this year.

As far as why his receiving yards were so much higher last year, I need to study some more.

I only looked at one game so far, against the Raiders.
He had 4 catches, I think (I don't have my note here with me).
A 60 yd catch and run with nobody really touching him until toward the end of the play. A 22-23 ydr and a couple in the teens also went the same way.

Basically, it was just poor coverage by the Raiders.

Not only that, Foster was nursing a hamstring at that early stage of the season.

There's nothing to suggest that he could have been more explosive or stronger than he is right now.

He even got rolled over by the ankle on one play early in the first quarter.

Everything seems to indicate "coincidence" due to poor coverage and not anything related to him being a Vegeterian or slowing down or that he's not as strong such that he can't break tackle as efficiently as he did last year.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote