View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #21
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Goodell says playoffs could expand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Greed is going to ultimately destroy this game.
It reminds me of the philosophical question about the ship. You have a ship. A board wears out, so you replace it with a new one. You keep doing this until eventually every single board has been replaced. Is it the same ship?

Is it the same game, even now? When I went to Canton a couple of years ago I was surprised with how little the game we watch now resembles football in its early years.

Greed is and will certainly negatively affect us. At the same time, the profitability of the NFL is the reason it's still broadcast on channels like ABC/Fox/NBC while basketball is signing deals with networks no one can even see.

Tough issues