View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak calls out players manhood

I think one of the things that really screwed the Texans was that they were actually awed by the Pats. Put them on a pedestal if you will. Underestimated just how fast & fluid their offense is & how versatile & potent their defense was.

To me, it's no difference than when players used to say they weren't prepared for Andre. You just don't know how fast or strong he is until he's running past you or dragging you ten yards.

Same thing with Arian, Urlacher saying he's a bad MoFo. Watching it on TV or game film is not the same as seeing it in person.

What I think is funny, is that we do the same thing here. We put the Patriots on a pedestal that we can't reach. I mean just look at the way we've waxed poetically about Bellichick & Brady. But we're just fans, so it really doesn't affect anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
When your head coach hits his ceiling, so does the team.
I wonder if that's the same line of thinking the Browns were going through when they decided to let Bellichick go. Not that I think Kubiak is in that league, just wondering.

We know what we've got with Kubiak. The Browns knew what they had in Bellichick. Maybe it took that axe for Bellichick to be who he became, maybe that's what Gary needs to bust through that ceiling. Maybe that's what Kubiak needs.

This is a WHYDFML league & after what Kubiak's done the last two seasons, there is no doubt in my mind he'd get another HC job. & if he falls in with an established front office (a Team that regularly goes to the play-offs) there's no telling what he might do. The Eagles maybe, the Chargers, Chicago... who knows what he might do?
Quote:
You can't explain it away. Sure, it sounds good to say that the players just didn't "execute" the way they should have. But honestly, your team's players will show you just how prepared their coaches have made them.
& this is why we bring up the Arizona, Seattle, & Baltimore games. Obviously Bellichick didn't have his teams prepared to play those games. Kubiak screwed the pooch when we went against two of the best teams in the league.... eh... lets not blow it out of proportion.
Quote:
But what I think they are failing to do, IMO, is to truly and definitively take opponents seriously enough. When was the last time you saw us do something out of the ordinary, and I'm not talking Chris Brown Halfback Pass type of "out of the ordinary." We have set plays, set formations, and we rarely deviate from that, if EVER! It's the idea that nobody can beat us if we line up and give it our very best. I think we're dealing with a head coach who, frankly speaking, doesn't want to put much stock into devising a specific attack for each week's opponent.
I understand what you're saying here. But truthfully, we've seen so many formations & motions from Kubiak over the years, It's going to be hard to come up with something "new" again.

Again, Monday night I thought Kubiak thought it was important enough to stretch the field against the Pats & put LeStar Jean on the field more than I think he's been in a game all year. He was targeted four times & made a couple of good catches.

Having said that, I think he is too concerned about doing the right things. Instead of pitching the ball to get Arian outside, or using counter plays to fool the defense, he's going to run his stretch play & expect his guys to run against 8 man fronts. While I agree that we need to be good at "what we do" if we're going to get to where we want to be, when it's not going your way, you have to do whatever it takes.

We got blown out trying to do it his way... throwing in a few monkey wrenches wasn't going to make it any worse.

Quote:
That's how you end up rolling into the Patriots' house and getting clowned as bad as we did last Monday night. That's how you allow a Packers team to come to YOUR house and clown you all night long.

But this is on the PLAYERS? Okie dokie.
I agree, with better coaching we could have won that game. That's pretty much what I've been saying when I say Wade adjusted. Inferring that Kubiak did not.

But if the players played better, do you think we could have won with Gary's game plan?

If Myers didn't screw up the blocking assignments & more of our runs were like Arians first two (12 yards, then 15 yards) do you think we could have ran the ball better? Do you think we could have won the game?

If Kevin Walter would have caught that one pass, the one that you'd bet money on him catching 99.999% of the time, do you think that would have changed the fact that we got blown out?

If Matt Schaub would have put that ball in LeStar's numbers instead of 5 feet over his head? Or went to Arian for a 13 yard gain instead of trying to get greedy with that touch-down to Walter? Or put the ball in front of Andre running a slant or over his head when he beats the defense... do you think we'd still get blown out?

If the defense were prepared for the quick snap, if our safeties played deep, if Jjo played like he did last year, if our LBs would shoot the gap instead of watching them develop, do you think we'd have got blown out?

I agree the coach deserves some of this. I'm sure he knows "it's on me." But do you think the players deserve any of it?