View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

The guy had some problems in college, too, which along with his hamstring injury had people not on his bandwagon come draft day.

Maybe the guy is just an over-thinker. Seems to be a knowledgable enough guy, openly admits he's into learning new things and being proactive with life, especially the whole diet thing.

So for me, I do wonder if maybe he is over-thinking things. You don't want your players to be total meat heads (no pun intended), but you don't want your players trying to be overly nuanced "outside the box" type people either.

Brian Cushing and JJ Watt really are the types of guys you need on your team. They eat, sleep, and breathe football. They will obviously have other interests, but when I look at guys like Foster and Barwin...I sense that football is not exactly the top priority in life.

Look, I am NOT saying these two guys are as bad as Okoye or Carr who obviously were really bad pros at their jobs. I just wanted to say that Foster, to me, looks like the "I've arrived" type of player this year. I don't think it's the money, either. It's the idea that he now knows he belongs, he's been validated. Where do you go from there? You might try to make sure you stay healthy and in each game, so that's something to consider.

His cuts, as mentioned by another poster in this thread recently, seem very exaggerated this year. Like he's literally LEAPING. I think he's trying to hang into the lane way too long and is trying to make way too big or way too dramatic of a cut, in order to get to the cutback lane. I wonder if he's just trying to push himself TOO hard, trying to make the GREATEST cuts of all time (no offense to Taylor Swift, your cuts are good too - Kanye West).

Overall, I just don't see him having the critical, game-changing moments he had in 2011. He had moments in 2011 where he literally pulled our asses out of the fire in a lot of games. The huge sideline run, IIRC, was a game changing moment in one of the divisional games that seriously was the difference maker in that game. So while he has had decent yardage, his "big moments", IMO, are a lot less this year than last year.