Thread: Htown's Mock
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #6
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108350 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Htown's Mock

Thanks for the good feedback/discussion, guys. Yes, I think Ansah may actually end up as an OLB, but I'll leave that up to Wade and how he decides to fit his scheme around his personnel.

4th Round: Kiko Alonso, ILB, Oregon, 6-3 242 Senior

I think this is a consensus: the ILB position needs more depth. After the loss of Cushing we have been severely, severely exposed at that position. Bradie James simply isn't a good fill in for DeMeco, and I think Sharpton will take time to get back into things after missing a whole year of football. Dobbins is a great run-stuffer but that's just about it. Alonso's got good measurables and can provide great depth while becoming a future second in command to Cushing. And he intercepts like a corner (Rose Bowl, anyone?)

5th Round: Daimion Stafford, S, Nebraska, 6-1, 205 Senior

All B1G Second team, good measurables, potential starter at some point down the line, and great depth pick. Good reward low risk pick.

6th Round: Tyrann Mathieu, CB, formerly LSU, 5-9 178 Junior

I am all aboard the "Draft Honey Badger" train. Why? Simple: Low round, low value, potential high reward pick. Yes, he's got a billion question marks surrounding him. But we're a quality organization and there are no Texans who he can collaborate with to be a divisive influence with in the locker room. Put simply, the locker room vets are going to straighten him out if he gets out of line. The organization will take care of him, I believe, and with success on the field and a little coaching from Kubes and Wade, and I think he'll be okay. In any case, for those who knock on his size - Brice McCain is only 7 pounds heavier and the same height, and I'm more excited about Honey Badger, KJax, and JJo stifling the hell out of other WRs.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote