View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #74
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak calls out players manhood

When your head coach hits his ceiling, so does the team.

You can't explain it away. Sure, it sounds good to say that the players just didn't "execute" the way they should have. But honestly, your team's players will show you just how prepared their coaches have made them.

I think this is a team led by a head coach who genuinely thinks that IF his system is dynamite (and it IS dynamite, proof is there) and IF he stocks it with the right players (and he HAS, the proof is there) and IF they have a productive camp, productive preseason and roll off some wins in the reg season....then this SHOULD add up to his team being able to hang with anybody. After all, we have the system, the talent, and the experience to get it done.

But what I think they are failing to do, IMO, is to truly and definitively take opponents seriously enough. When was the last time you saw us do something out of the ordinary, and I'm not talking Chris Brown Halfback Pass type of "out of the ordinary." We have set plays, set formations, and we rarely deviate from that, if EVER! It's the idea that nobody can beat us if we line up and give it our very best. I think we're dealing with a head coach who, frankly speaking, doesn't want to put much stock into devising a specific attack for each week's opponent.

That's how you end up rolling into the Patriots' house and getting clowned as bad as we did last Monday night. That's how you allow a Packers team to come to YOUR house and clown you all night long.

But this is on the PLAYERS? Okie dokie.