View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Texans could be preparing for a Paper Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Some semblance of fear for your opponent is always healthy. But here are some very interesting stats I came across in Colts. com forum. which I felt would be worthwhile sharing:
Quote:
Surprising QB statistics:

I won't label the stats, but try guessing which are Andrew Lucks stats and which are the Coalition of Collins, Painter and Orlovsky.

completions: 302 vs 295
attempts: 534 vs 537
completion %: 56% vs 54.9%
yards: 3223 vs 3792
TDs: 14 vs 18
INTs: 14 vs 18
I've been guilty of this myself. Using stats to make my argument. However, this (I think) shows us how that isn't always valid. 18 TDs vs 14 does not equal a +7 win differential.

It depends on the situation. In a one score game, Luck is more dangerous than Painter, Orlovsky, & Collins. We need to make sure we are not in a one score game with these guys.

Their -16 TO compared to our +12 tells me they make more mistakes than we do. But it could also mean they take more chances. That could spell trouble for us, if we're not playing good football like we haven't been for the last 6 or 7 weeks on the back end.

It's not that I think there is nothing to worry about, or that I think it is impossible for us to lose this game. Just like every other game, you ain't won it until you won it.

I can think of several reasons the Colts should win, but I can think of even more reasons we should.