View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Did you know.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
They're not getting consistent pressure on the QB with a four man rush, so they have to blitz to get to him. That leaves them in man coverage and if the blitz still gives the QB time to read the defense, he's going to find an open man. Better QB's like Brady and Rodgers will find that opening faster, but eventually if you don't get there, man coverage is going be exploited.
I hear this a lot. I remember a time when we were so upset that we were never in man coverage, that we used too much zone. Now, being in man coverage is a bad thing... I guess because the announcer say so much on TV, people just start repeating it.

Prior to the start of the season we questioned if our defense would improve considering Wade's sophomore curse. Some opined, that our defense might actually improve but suffer in the stat column, because we're playing better offenses..... New England, Detroit, & Denver are top 3 of the top 4 offenses in the league.

So some of it was to be expected.

76 threw some numbers out there showing our Pass Rush isn't as bad as we think. I find that hard to believe, my eyes, & my gut tell me different. But, these QBs are doing a better job of getting the ball out. These receivers are doing a better job of getting open early & I don't know that the teams playing zone are doing any better against them (3 of the top 4 offenses).

But I think the numbers & the perception is starting to snowball. The way our safeties played Monday night was more akin to the 2010 ole' defense than last year's defense. They didn't appear to help out on any pass play.