View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012   #38
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Day After Foxborough Massacre - 2013 Mock

recap-

John Jenkins would come in and start for Texans. Finding help for Watt will be critical @ some point. By looks of things why wait? Single biggest upgrade Texans could make without changing what they want to do right now & moving forward.

Brian Winters is a top swing tackle candidate who could adequately spell Duane Brown or in worst case injury, as well Derrick Newton which Texans need right now. He could also bolster either LG or RG if needed. OL needs fortified in worst kind of way & hope Jones, Brooks & others develop.

Pass rushers are paid premium dollars, guess that bodes well for Barwin since he can no longer be considered a top free agent pass rusher so Texans should be able to resign him for less than expected. Still Michael Buchanan has the length & pass rushing instinct's, not to mention familiarity with Whitney Mercilus would be like Illinois reunion.

Alonzo may be my favorite of the group. Pay attention people when Oregon faces Kansas State in Fiesta Bowl. His assignment will be a big one, stopping Collin Klein, a very strong, physical running QB. It will be a cat & mouse game & Collin will be very determined to answer his Heisman critics.

Connor is a combination of Kevin Walters & Wes Welker. Sound fundamentally, smart, excellent route runner, sure hands & deceptive speed. Don't worry I don't make a habit of watching Duke football but thanks to 65 I did. Skeptical @ first he won me over with surprising playmaking ability & higher than expected production.

Tyrann Mathieu will be off the board by 5th so don't get your panties all in a twist. Just a breaking point where Texans might be interested.

Quite the opposite in talent & character (comparison to Mathieu) Jordan Kovacs does fit Texan mold. I would like to see more passing in the Big 10 but he is outstanding in recognition & run support. High motor, hard worker who gives it 110%.

Onterio McCalebb is more comfortable with contact than Trindon but similar breakaway speed & playmaking ability. Special teams must improve & Texans will have another opportunity to bring in competition. I called the Holliday pick in 2010 6th rd. so here I'm making another one.

Hawkinson could fit LG most likely to back-up Wade (who is his back-up anyway?). Athletic movement, ability to pass pro & run block in ZBS.

Plus Blocking TE, who compliments Owen & Graham. Casey seems entrenched @ FB with both his blocking & receiving out of the backfield there is room on the roster for one more TE. Go figure.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote