Originally Posted by TimeKiller
I meant John Jenkins, the guy you mocked 1st round to the Texans. Also, my point about CBs was necessarily geared against Mathieu...more that one pick (on a troubled guy no less) for the secondary isn't going to turn the tide to hold up against the Brady's, Brees's, Manning's and Rodger's of the world.
My response mock/Dec. Re-do
1- David Amerson, CB, NC State
Excellent size and ballhawking skill.
2- TJ McDonald, FS, USC
Productive college career, NFL bloodlines.
3a- Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas
Large and mobile blocker that should force the issue on either side of Myers.
3b- Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern St
Space eating run plugger this D desperately needs.
4- Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
LBer with some pass coverage skills.
5- Manase Foketi, OT, ???
Big man with ability, should be able to develop him into a fine RT.
6- Theo Riddick, RB, Notre Dame
Possible diamond-in-the-rough RB. 6th round after all...
7- Allen, P
Still taking the P last.
1. Amerson, I'd start him out at CB but I think he's going to be a very good FS for someone.
2. McDonald, no use in getting 2 FS, go for a WR here.
3. Bailey, excellent pick, future longterm OG for the Texans.
3b. Williams, ehhh maybe, not sure about him.
4. Alonso, if still available he's a great pick in the late 4th, I think he's gone by this time.
5. Foketi, don't know anything about him.
6. Riddick, if we trade Tate this makes sense but I'm haven't really looked at RB's.
7. Allen, another very good pick late.