View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012   #42
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak calls out players manhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Please go back and read what I wrote. I can't even respond to that because it has 0 to do with what I said.

I said either those teams rose their game or the patriots played worse than they normally do.

You think coaching and having a team come out prepared to play was the reason we beat Detroit?

No, we got a little lucky and their coach might happen to be worse at managing the game than ours.
Okay... I'll give you that point... Those teams could have upped their play level to go against the Pats... or Belichick could have taken those teams lightly and under prepared... or Brady may not have been razor sharp against them like he was against us.
Most likely it was some combination of those three things...

My original response was aimed at your point that we got most of our 11 wins off of luck and/or superior talent. I doubt that seriously. But I'm not going to waste your time trying to convince you otherwise.

Sorry I interrupted your mutual rant society meeting.

Enjoy.

Edit:
For the Official Record, no one is more pissed about getting our collective a$$es kicked (nation TV or not) than I am. The difference is, I put the blame on the players who are paid to make the damned plays, throw the damned ball accurately, catch the damned ball (looking at you KW), not block in the back, and do something to stop Vince Wolfolk from occupying our backfield. I don't care what's called, it's up to the players to make it happen.
THEY didn't.
THEY should be called out
And NO, HELL No, the coaches - from Kubiak on down - are not without fault. But when my boss gives me a job, its on ME to get it done. It's only on him when he knows, before he asks, that I can't do it. That is why I hold the players responsible.
/Rant