View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak calls out players manhood

BDD. Big damn deal.

He needs to only look at himself if he wants to know why they act so carefree and dull all the time.

My favorite line of Remember The Titans:

"Attitude reflect leadership."

That was in response to (and isn't it funny the guy's name is GARY) Gary's poor leadership that was fracturing the team. He kept pressing him, pressing him, and finally was met with the "Attitude reflect leadership."

Whatever the big boss man is allowing, permitting, or maybe just not giving two ****s about at all...it drips down like a percolating coffee machine.

So actually, Gary Kubiak was calling himself out. Except he's too blind to see that it's HIM that has caused his own problems. No, his perfect system of offense that has HIS players--the ones he knows can run it very well--it's just an issue of the players not responding enough to it, and to his well-built team overall.

What a dumbass. I'm glad some of you think he was bold, but truthfully it's sad that he is doing this NOW. He gets on their ass in camp and then when the reg season rolls around, it's as if he thinks (I suppose) that he's got the most professional 53 men on his roster and that all that camp prep will pay off all season long.

He lets his house get in disarray, including his awkward comments about Tate that seem to run pretty deep to me.

His pep talk is good for the symptoms, but it doesn't cure the disease. No doctor tries to cure the symptoms, they medicate for it...like Kubiak is right now...but they aim to stop the real problem that is causing the symptoms. He has no ability for true introspection and dare I say the humble approach of running a full audit on himself and his own sacred cows (pun intended) that he holds so dear to him. Failing to play your best players, such as benching Tate until it was clear he couldn't bench him any longer, is my perfect example. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Looks good to mommas and daddies who have kids playing college ball, but not so much in the old NFL system.

And has been pointed out many times, by many reputable posters here, he's got a penchant for this sort of "lulled to sleep" team attitude. Yeah, great, you guys are calm when everything around you is burning down. That gets you by the WEAK teams like the Lions who used to be like the old Texans and couldn't stand the pressure so they caved easily under the weight of it. That's why I knew we'd beat the Jets. The Bears. The Jags. AND The Lions. All of those teams are not as ready as we are, and now we know we're not as ready as the Packers and Patriots are.

We're stuck in the middle. A step up that old ladder, for sure, but he's going to have to really up HIS game if he wants these guys to take the next step up the ladder. He needs to freaking stop interjecting his own play calls and just let Dennison have the full workload. And yes, Kubiak himself says he gets every call from Dennison and that he, Kubiak, will change the call if he wants to...right there on the spot. So do you think the majority of Dennison's calls go through to Matt? I doubt it.

Gary Kubiak, you need to up your game too. You of all people can't be getting your ass handed to you by the very coaches of the teams you want YOUR team to look like.

People don't change their stripes easily, though. And Gary Kubiak is the chief of all examples in that area. Yet he wants them to change? LOL. He's going to end up getting the same results as long as he keeps failing to be a better HC.