View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak calls out players manhood

Quote:
Kubiak calls for the Texans to be more Patriot like, to play and prepare with the relentless, merciless intensity New England shows in bulldozing their national stage visions 42-14.
I like it. Kubiak has been on championship caliber teams, both as a player and as a coach. Many folks forget he was a back up QB on three Super Bowl teams, and also has three Super Bowl rings as a coach of both the Broncos and 49ers. He KNOWS what it takes to be a champion and he's calling them out and telling them truth when they need to hear it.

And I have no doubt that he is his own harshest critic. He's not going to air that stuff in public or even to his team, but I feel confident that he's gut checking himself as a head coach. The way this team has been in the two losses are a reflection of him as HC. And he knows these players will have to dig deep to find those intangibles to beat guys like Brady and Manning in the post-season.

Quote:
"I could sense it from the coin toss," Smith says of a routine led by Brady (of course). "It was business. Straight up business. They'd barely look at you. They'd shake your hand firmly, but they wouldn't look you in the eye. They were letting us know it was on."
I am glad the players recognized it. The Patriots are a dynasty, as great as the '90's Cowboys, '80's 49ers, and '70's Steelers. They exude confidence and a business attitude as cold-blooded as a professional hitman. This comes from the head coach, too. They take care of the little details every day and expect greatness from everyone, not just the stars of the team. The Texans are on their way, but they have to take it to the next level. Stop getting wide eyed about MNF games against the Patriots. Start getting steely-eyed like Clint Eastwood in a western.