View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Day After Foxborough Massacre - 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I meant John Jenkins, the guy you mocked 1st round to the Texans. Also, my point about CBs was necessarily geared against Mathieu...more that one pick (on a troubled guy no less) for the secondary isn't going to turn the tide to hold up against the Brady's, Brees's, Manning's and Rodger's of the world.

My response mock/Dec. Re-do

1- David Amerson, CB, NC State

Excellent size and ballhawking skill.

2- TJ McDonald, FS, USC

Productive college career, NFL bloodlines.

3a- Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas

Large and mobile blocker that should force the issue on either side of Myers.

3b- Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern St

Space eating run plugger this D desperately needs.

4- Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon

LBer with some pass coverage skills.

5- Manase Foketi, OT, ???

Big man with ability, should be able to develop him into a fine RT.

6- Theo Riddick, RB, Notre Dame

Possible diamond-in-the-rough RB. 6th round after all...

7- Allen, P

Still taking the P last.
I apologize for misunderstanding your comment

John Jenkins when all is said & done (underclassman deadline passes along with combine & pro days) ranked low 20's. This is a rich crop of big, strong, athletic DT's for a change, team needing interior DL help should not have to reach for a Poe type prospect. There is Star Lotulelei a possible top 5 pick then Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State a top 15 pick. Sheldon Richardson already declared his intentions to come out early & while not a nose prospect he could steal another DL team needy pick in the top 20. Then you have Jesse Williams, Alabama these two have competed against one another in recruiting wars before, he makes four DL prospects not to mention wildcard NT, Notre Dame r/So Louis Nix III. If he comes out early that could be enough for Jenkins slotting into Texan range, at least close enough for Rick Smith to pick up the phone like he almost did last year with Mercilus, who I did not mock to Texans for just the same reason. Never again

I would be down with Amerson if Texans stand pat. I've watched McDonald lots, he just seems more of in the box safety, not great coverage skills. Why not split the two & take Rhodes in first? Then you have a big corner that could also be excellent fit as a FS. Would take Bailey if there? Williams could rotate in mix for nose, maybe he develops maybe he doesn't. Kiko end of 4th would be a steal, I just don't think he is still there. Foketi would be an excellent pick here. Theo & Allen could both contribute.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 12-12-2012 at 12:45 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote