Thread: New England
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012   #86
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New England

Disappointed to hear about the negative experiences. Boston fans are arrogant -- I guess they have a reason to be. Winning so many titles makes you pretty confident. At the same time, there's a big difference between arrogance and ass hattery.

I've been to a few red sox games and have never witnessed any aggressive fans. I've even been to the Red Sox/Yankees game twice. Then again, the Sox have been awful both times so it may just have been a case of humbled silence

I enjoy trash talking, joking around, etc. Serious insults, racist comments, threats are too much. I have zero respect for anyone who takes a game so seriously. I don't get the mentality. You aren't a player. You aren't a coach. You being there has almost zero impact on anything. Why take it so personally?
Anyone who crosses the line from entertainment or makes another fan feel legitimately scared/nervous should be kicked out.