View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012   #29
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Day After Foxborough Massacre - 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Jenkins was there for the Rams early in the 2nd. He had to transfer from Florida to North Alabama choosing to play & showcase his football talent unlike Tyrann Mathieu who re-entered LSU as student non athlete sitting out of football one year. Both decisions don't change player on the field. How much an organization is willing to support a player with questionable character is another.

I threw Tyrann Mathieu into the mock because one: he is insane value this late (I fully expect another team to select him somewhere in the 3rd rd.). two: I agree that CB is a bigger need than most think & have mocked one in the first round a couple weeks ago (Xavier Rhodes). three we needed to have this discussion about Tyrann Mathieu, the kind of player Texans need but also the type of player Texans avoid. four: if Texans pass chances are another team, possibly in the same division, does not so have a great game day when Texans face that team over the next several years
I meant John Jenkins, the guy you mocked 1st round to the Texans. Also, my point about CBs was necessarily geared against Mathieu...more that one pick (on a troubled guy no less) for the secondary isn't going to turn the tide to hold up against the Brady's, Brees's, Manning's and Rodger's of the world.

My response mock/Dec. Re-do

1- David Amerson, CB, NC State

Excellent size and ballhawking skill.

2- TJ McDonald, FS, USC

Productive college career, NFL bloodlines.

3a- Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas

Large and mobile blocker that should force the issue on either side of Myers.

3b- Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern St

Space eating run plugger this D desperately needs.

4- Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon

LBer with some pass coverage skills.

5- Manase Foketi, OT, ???

Big man with ability, should be able to develop him into a fine RT.

6- Theo Riddick, RB, Notre Dame

Possible diamond-in-the-rough RB. 6th round after all...

7- Allen, P

Still taking the P last.

Last edited by TimeKiller; 12-12-2012 at 11:02 AM.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote