Thread: Brandon Harris
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brandon Harris

I'm watching the game again.

Just saw the Dante Stallworth TD. I know this is one of the plays cited demonstrating how poor this guy's coverage is. Granted, a corner back should be able to see when a receiver looks up, eyes up, hands up..... then gain ground & get in position to prevent this catch.

However, Brady does a good job getting the ball ahead of the receiver, making it nigh impossible for a trailing CB to defend.

In this case, he was supposed to have safety help. I'm not saying that the TD is on the safety, a better corner could have done something to stop Stallworth from catching the ball. A good CB realizing he doesn't have any help would have gone for the tackle than the feign attempt to strip the ball.

But two points I wanted to make. That wasn't all on Harris & Wade isn't so stubborn that he plays man up all the time. There is usually a safety back there, at least one. This time, it was Demps.

You can see Demps just inside the line of gain. When the ball is snaped, he doesn't drop. He inches forward. Don't know why. There was no fake run. Both CBs Jackson & Harris fall to a trail position. What do you think they were thinking when they saw Demps standing flat footed.

WTF is what I'd be thinking. If he'd have dropped (I can't imagine Wade calling for him to not be the deepest defender on the field) Brady might not have thrown that ball.