View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys game thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
One of the things we need to keep in mind when we kind of compare where Dunta Robinson is in his game Vs. Jason Babin is that Babin is leaning a position he hasn't played hardly at all and will look a bit lost until he has it down. If your not sure what you need to be doing, that produces a tentative response. I would be willing to bet that on the sack, he knew exactly what he was supposed to do. Because he is soooo new to the position, he probably won't meet our true expectations until next season, but I am willing to bet that he puts in a year that shows all the promis we are looking for.
On Babin:

Two things to look for is pass rushers.
1- Explosive quickness and speed (that is peek's game). Babin seemed to be thinking and did not show that.

2- Multiple pass rush moves and desire. . this is Babin's game. On the Vinny sack and fumble, Babin tried the outside and then spun inside to the QB. while I did not see many backside tackles, he continue the chase from the backside. BTW, Wong did this pretty well last night.

He needs to work on play recognition (seemed to think on the field) and i think we will see a better first step.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote