View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Illegal formation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No that's not what was said. I said lots of wr's do what Aj does. You were trying to make it sound like he was doing something super special, when it is common practice. Kids in highschool do it all the time. It's something they are taught to do when up on the line to make sure they are good.
And your reference to HS kids is as irrelevant as it was then. I said AJ was unusual, not super special - no cape involved, for doing it and it is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I won't argue the idea of an advantage or not, but as followed walter is clearly in violation of the rule. also, OLT do get called for leaning to far back off the line of scrimmage (probably not as much s they should by the "rule").
Agreed although I agree with Rey that this would normally be dealt with by the ref warning Walter instead of throwing a flag, especially a 1st down removing flag.