View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Day After Foxborough Massacre - 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
See, I don' think our WR's are all that bad.

No they haven't done syt this year, BUT I don't see our offense utilizing another top flight receiver.

If we spread out more and let Schaub throw it around more often then I could see the need.

But we have seen Jean make plays...Posey has barely gotten a shot...Walter can catch the ball...Andre is still going strong...

We throw the ball to Jean one time yesterday? OD only three times?

I could easily see us grabbing another top flight WR and them not being fully utilized. I could easily see games where they see 1 or 2 balls come their way.

I think our best bet if we are going to move forward with Schaub as QB is to build the defense up. The offense can be good enough if the defense is truly dominate. I think we should aim towards building a dominat defense because the offense will eventually put points up if we can shut down people...
Disagree

Teams like the Pats gang up on AJ and if OD cant get open then the Texans are screwed. IMHO Like I said in another thread Brady has Welker/Lloyd/Gronk/Hernandez/Edelman/Stallworth to throw too. Other than AJ and OD where do the other Texans WR/TE's Jean/Graham/Martin/Posey relate to New Englands receiver group.

Shaub has trouble in big games, but I would like to see what he could do with another big time WR/TE. Hunter/Allen/Woods/Patterson? Foster would probably benefit too. Jean/3rd down drop, Walter 4th down drop/ Martin struggles to get open. etc...

You've got to be able to score points against big time teams (Pats,Packers/Broncos etc...) and the Texans are short on weapons. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote