View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Illegal formation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Walter is a clear step off the line of scrimmage (however you want to define it). you should be able to draw a straight line from Andre Johnson to kevin Walter and that does not work. WRs can and do ask the line-judge if they need to inch up a bit. No excuse for the "guy who does all the little things well."
While I agree with this (and have mentioned AJ always doing it and then was disputed that every WR does it which is BS) I don't get the rule which is why I called it stupid. #1 - Walter being back a yard gives him no advantage. #2 how are there not 5 ineligible receivers not on the line and #3 if we are being literal, there is only one person on the line? - AJ is a full yard back from the ball.

Every team in the league uses the staggered center formation. Sometimes you see a stagger from C to G and then G to T. The other four OLmen are clearly behind the center. How is that on the line?