View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Illegal formation

Do you know what that means? I've heard it explained a time or two, but it's not something I keep in my mental bank. It's not something we're guilty of often, so I don't have to reference it often. However, last night I heard it called on Duane Brown and I needed to refresh my memory. I know this will end up being a Texans conversation, but I'm not bringing it here as a Texans' issue. I'd like to understand this rule, what's it's purpose, & why it happens.

Now I don't know if this is all inclusive, but this sight lists two reasons why illegal formation can be called.
  1. You have less than 7 men on the LOS
  2. You do not have 5 people with numbers between 50 & 79 on the LOS

They called the penalty on 76, but it was actually 83 who was not lined up on the line. That's 81 lined up as the H-back, 86 in the slot (looks like he's trying to tell someone to get on the line) & 80 down at the bottom.